Control your appetıte
If you feel hungry in for a long time and ask yourself; what am I doing wrong? How can I control my appetite? Why do I always feel hungry? You should be considering to have a balanced diet.
Feeling hungry means, body needs to get more food. When you feel hungry you can feel your stomach expanded, you can get angry easily or you have problems about headache or feeling tired. If you always feel hungry and and you can not control appetite, there is many explanations for this situation and you can prevent it by having balanced and healthy diet.
why do you always feel hungry?
Protein is good source for feeling satiety for a long time. So, you feel hungry because of not consuming enough protein sources. When you consume food which contains protein, it leads to low hunger hormone (Ghrelin). Dairy products like milk, yoghurt, ayran (yoghurt shaken with water), cheese, egg etc., nuts, legumes, meat products (red meat, chicken, turkey, fish etc.), some whole grain products are rich in protein.
1)If you do not want to feel hungry for a long time, you need to consume protein sources. You can have your snack like this; fruit with yoghurt/milk/cheese etc. When you have snack like that you feel satiety this lead to control your appetite and weight control management.
2) Maybe you consume refined carbohydrate a lot. This is the other causative factor for always feeling hungry. Refined carbohydrate is deficient from fiber. So, it is digested rapidly which leads to feeling hunger and not feeling satiety. To add it, refined carbohydrates cause blood sugar fluctuation which cause always feeling hunger. Instead of consuming simple carbohydrates such as; fast foods, junk foods, white bread etc., consume complex carbohydrates foods like whole grain bread, fruits, vegetables etc. It makes you filling full.
3) If you do not drink enough water ( 2-2.5 liter per a day), you can feel hungry. If you consume water before 30 minutes of your food, it suppress your appetite. So, make sure consuming enough water.
4) Maybe you do not sleep enough it can lead to feeling hungry. Because sleeping enough time regulates your appetite-induced hormone. When you do not sleep enough, hunger hormone increases, so you feel hungry. It is recommended that sleeping in uninterrupted 8 hour at night.
5) Your diet is low in fat. Importance of consuming fat is this; when you consume it, which makes you feel full. You can consume foods which contain middle chain triglyceride (MCT) like; coconut oil, palm-kernel oil, dairy products etc. and omega-3 fatty acids (types of fatty fishes, salmon, walnut etc.).
6) Drinking alcohol leads to rise appetite. If you drink alcohol before meals or with meals it increases secretion of hunger hormone.
7) Maybe you have diseases like diabetes, hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia etc. they induce your appetite so, you want to eat more food.
8) If you take medication which are antipsychotic, antidepressants, mood stabilizers, corticosteroids, anti-diabetic and anti-seizure drugs.
9) Eating fast cause feeling hunger for a long time. According to a study, which was done in 30 women(1). Women who ate fast consumed 10% more calories than women with who consumed food slowly (1). So, if you do not want to feel hungry. These are the factors that why do you always feel hungry and how you can manage them. You need have balanced and healthy diet like consuming fruits and vegetables, complex carbohydrate products, enough protein ( egg, cheese, yoghurt, meat products etc.), fat (MCT and omega-3 fatty acids) and water (8-10 glasses of water per a day). If you have one or more than one them you can apply these solutions. When you apply it, you will see the difference.
Andrade AM1, Greene GW, Melanson KJ, Eating slowly led to decreases in energy intake within meals in healthy women, Journal of American Diabetic Association, 2008 Jul;108(7):1186-91. doi: 10.1016/j.jada.2008.04.026.